The Egmond beach is roomy, broad and devolves seamlessly in the Beach of Bergen aan Zee. The seaside resort of Egmond aan Zee, which borders to the northern Dutch dune reserve, is especially popular with people who love coziness. The boulevard with the lighthouse ‘Jan van Speijck’ defines the unique atmosphere in this picturesque fishing village of origin.
The beaches of Egmond have won already several major awards. IIn 2018 the beach received the international 'Blue Flag' environmental award for the 8th time. It guarantees high quality of bathing water and a well kept clean beach.
The beaches, with showers to rinse of the salt seawater, will be cleaned everyday. Besides the rescue brigade will guard the beaches and warns when there is a dangerous current or wind; a pleasant and safe feeling.
A sunbath or a walk along the beach, playing fun or water sports. The very well maintained, white beaches of Egmond will offer you peace and quietness. Optimum facilities will tribute to the comfort and with that the holiday pleasure of the guests. It starts with accessible beach crossings and parking places. Then there are the lifeguards and the rescue brigade whom watch over the well being of the guests, with a First aid post nearby. Furthermore the many cafes, terraces and restaurants near the beach will take care of the needs for serving drinks and snacks or lunch and diner.
On the beaches you will find flags and signs with instructions for swimming. It is wise to take account of these signals. They are there for you!
Dogs at the beach
The beach is the ideal destination for many dogs to enjoy. A Frisbee, a stick or a ball can fetch give great pleasure. And what is more fun than making a beach walk with your dog? However, on various beaches are dogs, loose or on a leash, not allowed all year.
Dogs are prohibited on the beaches of Egmond aan Zee during the period 1 May till 1 October between 10:00 till 19:00.
Outside of the above mentioned period and time are dogs allowed (both loose and leased) on the beaches of Egmond aan Zee.
More information: https://egmondaanzee.org/pdf/1304_strandregels.pdf
Nearest beach for dogs at Egmond aan Zee
- At low tide there is a strong current towards the sea, than stay close to shore. In case you get pulled in by the current do not try to swim straight against it, but swim slanting to the shore with the current. Also be aware of floating devices like air-beds, boats or other swimming devices.
- Do not get to close to the poles, piers or other obstacles.
- Watch your children carefully, do not let them alone near the water. Are there recognition signs on the beach, tell it to your children.
- Help to keep the beaches clean.
- You can download here the beach brochure of Egmond aan Zee.