The Egmond beach is roomy, broad and devolves seamlessly in the Beach of Bergen aan Zee. The seaside resort of Egmond aan Zee, which borders to the northern Dutch dune reserve, is especially popular with people who love coziness. The boulevard with the lighthouse ‘Jan van Speijck’ defines the unique atmosphere in this picturesque fishing village of origin.
A sunbath or a walk along the beach, playing fun or water sports. The very well maintained, white beaches of Egmond will offer you peace and quietness. The beaches, with showers to rinse of the salt seawater, will be cleaned everyday. Besides the rescue brigade will guard the beaches and warns when there is a dangerous current or wind; a pleasant and safe feeling.
A sunbath or a walk along the beach, playing fun or water sports. The very well maintained, white beaches of Egmond will offer you peace and quietness. Optimum facilities will tribute to the comfort and with that the holiday pleasure of the guests. It starts with accessible beach crossings and parking places. Then there are the lifeguards and the rescue brigade whom watch over the well being of the guests, with a First aid post nearby. Furthermore the many cafes, terraces and restaurants near the beach will take care of the needs for serving drinks and snacks or lunch and diner.
On the beaches you will find flags and signs with instructions for swimming. It is wise to take account of these signals. They are there for you!
Dogs at the beach
The beaches of Egmond be an attractive environment for recreation, for both humans and dogs. And what could be better than a walk on the beach with your dog. In the summer season, dogs, either loose or on a leash, not on all the beaches of the Belgian coast welcome.
• Summer (01 May – 01 October): Only dogs on leads are permitted on recreational beaches between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m – they are not permitted at all on sunbathing beaches between these times.
• Summer (01 May – 01 October): Dogs are only allowed off their leads on recreational and sunbathing beaches before 10 a.m. and after 7 p.m.
• Winter (01 October – 01 May): Dogs are allowed off their leads on all beaches.
Please read the information boards carefully, which are at each beach (entrance). More information: https://egmondaanzee.org/pdf/1304_strandregels.pdf
Below is an overview of the beaches of Egmond
- At low tide there is a strong current towards the sea, than stay close to shore. In case you get pulled in by the current do not try to swim straight against it, but swim slanting to the shore with the current. Also be aware of floating devices like air-beds, boats or other swimming devices.
- Do not get to close to the poles, piers or other obstacles.
- Watch your children carefully, do not let them alone near the water. Are there recognition signs on the beach, tell it to your children.
- Help to keep the beaches clean.
- You can download here the beach brochure of Egmond aan Zee.